Foster Billabong High International School, the Best International Schools in Secunderabad, follows the best and advanced curriculum with adapting best teaching techniques.
Our curriculum’s USP is to cater to 3 kinds of learners.
A DAY KANGAROO KIDS
- Circle time
- Concept Time
- Sing along sessions
- Snack time
- Attendance Time
- Support System
- Focus point learning ( display of objects)
- Picture Talk
- Story Time
- Rhyme Recitation
- Program Achieve Module ( Moral values are imparted through regular conceptual teaching )
After every month parent receives an overview of the curriculum implemented and the topics covered. Call and fix an appointment for further detailing on academics.
- Work education: Stitching, Cooking, Gardening, Pottery are taught to enhance skills.
- In the formative assessments, attitude and behavior are also graded.
FBHIS, the Best International Schools in Secunderabad, is affiliated to the Central Board of Education with a Primary Year Programme is incorporated into the syllabus.
The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) is an educational programme managed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) for students aged 3 to 12.
Our curriculum’s USP is catering to 3 kinds of learners.
- Auditory Learners:– lectures, group discussions, speaking, videos
- Visual Learners: Maps, diagrams, charts, graphs, flow charts, symbols, hierarchies
- Kinesthetic Learners: personal experiences, demonstrations, simulations, videos, movies,
- Integrated Curriculum is pre-prepared to maintain the same discipline in all sections of all grade
- Class sheets and home sheets are prepared by a different team.
- Lesson planning, assessment sheets, teaching aids, reference material, plan of work, home extensions, class extensions are prepared at the start of the year which ensures quality implementation of the curriculum.
- Direct point of contact is the Academic Head, Vice Principal, and the Principal/Director.
PYP- PRIMARY YEAR PROGRAMME
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme is a curriculum framework designed for students in classes grades 1 to 5. The same integrated with CBSE syllabus which helps students to be challenged on higher-order thinking levels.
- PYP includes DIVISION OF CHAPTERS INTO BOOKS.
- ONE FOCUS POINT LEARNING
- Interpreted pre-curriculum
- Field trips / Class activities / Special Days / Guest lectures.
- Culminating Days
VARK – Visual / Auditory / Reading / Kinesthetic
British Council Projects
- Project exchange between various cultural networks.
- Each class participates in a virtual exchange program with international schools from across the world.
High School Curriculum
- The curriculum for 6th to 10th grade in the CBSE syllabus.
- From grade 6th, Science is divided into
i) Physics ii) Chemistry iii) Biology
- Sports & Performing arts are part of their regular curriculum
- Library, Computers, art & craft, Skill periods, Club periods and the likes are conducted also part of the regular curriculum.
- Language Arts and English Grammar
- Social Science
- Second Language – Hindi /Telugu
- Computer Education
- Art and Craft
- Physical Education
SOME OF OUR POLICIES
|Homework Policy||Math (every day) Other Subjects (Weekly), Friday – Wednesday Submission.|
|Field trips||Fieldtrips for every Major topic covered about Social, Science & English mainly.|
|Special weeks||Like Shakespeare week, Cultural week, Skill India week and more.|
|Guest lectures||Specialists in fields, Volunteer parents are called in to give guest lectures to students of all grades in various topics|
|Students Council / Clubs/ Ministries.||Projects are mandatory for students to submit. Evaluated and graded by CBSE. In-house projects.|
|Cultural events||Expressions week, Oriental week ( Haiku, Cooking, Oriental art, origami and more)|
|External exams||Certificates hold value for higher studies. All are optional – can be chosen from.|
|Teacher training programmes||Mandatory CBSE training – thrice a year. Billabong Training – Twice a year
|Curriculum Actualisation||Mock sessions, Class observations, evaluation & grading of Teaching.|
|Inter House Competitions||Spin a yarn, Dance, Music, talent search, Design, Article writing, all sports, etc.|
|Inter-School Competitions||CBSE Katha competitions, sports competitions, Model United Nations.|